Come to our office for assistance with filling out your tax returns. We have several appointment slots available where you can get your tax returns filed. Click on one of the slots at the bottom of the page to register.
Once you have registered, here is what you need to bring to your appointment:
1. Social Insurance Number (SIN)
2. Your income slips from all your income sources (e.g. T4 slip for employment, T5007 slip for OW or ODSP)
*If you do not have these slips, you can call the CRA to request a new copy. The new copies will be sent out by mail within 2 weeks. The CRA can be reached at 1-800-959-8281.
If you rent your residence: you must bring a letter or receipt from your landlord that states
• Your name
• The landlord's name and contact information
• The address of the place you are renting
• The number of months you have lived at this address
• The amount of rent you paid to the landlord during the year
****We cannot claim your rent amount in your tax return without this letter or receipt!****
If you own your own home, you must bring your property tax bill from the City of Toronto (or other municipality).
****We cannot claim your property tax in your tax return without this letter or receipt!****
If you were new to Canada in tax year we are filing:
• Exact date of arrival in Canada
• The total amount of money that you earned in 2018 before you arrived in Canada
If you have children in your custody:
• Names and dates of birth for any children under age 19
• Receipts for childcare expenses (must include caregiver’s SIN)
• (2017 only) RC-62 information slip if receive the Universal Child Care Benefit, receipts for any children's fitness or arts classes
If you are a Student (post-secondary):
• Receipt for tuition fees (T2202A form – usually accessed through your online student account)
• If you received OSAP loans, this does not count as income and does not need to be claimed in the tax return
• If you have started repaying any OSAP loans, bring your interest slip (receipt showing how much you paid).
If you have any deductions to claim:
• Transit/Presto passes (must bring in actual passes or PRESTO Usage Report).
• Medical expense receipts.
• Charitable or political donation receipts.